In order to serve here at Calvary Chapel, there are a few things that must be evident in your life. Below is a list of some of the Characteristics of a Christian. May the Lord use this list to draw you closer to Him and may you be blessed by serving Jesus with your whole heart.
Love (John 13:35 & 1 Corinthians 13:1-8)
- The defining mark of true Christian faith. Without agape love evident in a person’s life, all the gifts are of no eternal value and will not edify the God’s people.
- You can’t save someone you don’t love, nor can you minister to someone you don’t love.
Be an Example (1 Timothy 4:12)
- You represent Jesus Christ
- You represent this ministry
- In conduct
- In speech
- In attitude
Be Faithful (2 Timothy 2:2 & 1 Corinthians 4:2)
- Attend scheduled events and meetings
- Be on time (stewardship of others time)
- Be a man/woman of your word
- Follow through with your commitments
Be a Team Player (Phil. 1:27 & 1 Corinthians 12:14-27)
- Lay down your will for the good of the Body
- Opinions which divide
- Personal agendas
- Personality conflicts
- Respect authority (Hebrews 13:17)
- Be supportive of your leader
- Be submissive to his/her decisions
Be a Servant (Matthew 20:27-28 & John 13:1-17)
- You serve the Lord
- It’s a privilege to serve Him!
- Do everything as unto Him
- No task is too menial
- You serve the Body
- Don’t be a distraction; presentation is paramount
- Every decision should be for the good of the people
Be a Good Steward (Luke 16:10-13)
- Tithe – The Lord requires it (Malachi 3:10)
- It’s a reflection of trust and surrender to Him
- To teach and sing of faith and to be faithless is hypocrisy
- Use what He’s given you for Him and His Kingdom
- Your Time
- Your Talent
- Your Treasure
Attend Weekly Services (Hebrews 10:25)
- Minimum 6 months of regular participation in Sunday morning services demonstrates a hunger for God’s Word, a passion for worship and a love for God’s people.
- Consistent attendance and ministry at our weekly services is a great example to other people in the church and allows you to get to know us as we get to know you.
Interested in Serving?
Please fill out this form