In order to serve here at Calvary Chapel, there are a few things that must be evident in your life. Below is a list of some of the Characteristics of a Christian. May the Lord use this list to draw you closer to Him and may you be blessed by serving Jesus with your whole heart.
Love (John 13:35 & 1 Corinthians 13:1-8)
- The defining mark of true Christian faith. Without agape love evident in a person’s life, all the gifts are of no eternal value and will not edify the God’s people.
- You can’t save someone you don’t love, nor can you minister to someone you don’t love.
Be an Example (1 Timothy 4:12)
- You represent Jesus Christ
- You represent this ministry
- In conduct
- In speech
- In attitude
Be Faithful (2 Timothy 2:2 & 1 Corinthians 4:2)
- Attend scheduled events and meetings
- Be on time (stewardship of others time)
- Be a man/woman of your word
- Follow through with your commitments
Be a Team Player (Phil. 1:27 & 1 Corinthians 12:14-27)
- Lay down your will for the good of the Body
- Opinions which divide
- Personal agendas
- Personality conflicts
- Respect authority (Hebrews 13:17)
- Be supportive of your leader
- Be submissive to his/her decisions
Be a Servant (Matthew 20:27-28 & John 13:1-17)
- You serve the Lord
- It’s a privilege to serve Him!
- Do everything as unto Him
- No task is too menial
- You serve the Body
- Don’t be a distraction; presentation is paramount
- Every decision should be for the good of the people
Be a Good Steward (Luke 16:10-13)
- Tithe – The Lord requires it (Malachi 3:10)
- It’s a reflection of trust and surrender to Him
- To teach and sing of faith and to be faithless is hypocrisy
- Use what He’s given you for Him and His Kingdom
- Your Time
- Your Talent
- Your Treasure
Attend Weekly Services (Hebrews 10:25)
- Minimum 6 months of regular participation in Sunday morning services demonstrates a hunger for God’s Word, a passion for worship and a love for God’s people.
- Consistent attendance and ministry at our weekly services is a great example to other people in the church and allows you to get to know us as we get to know you.
Interested in Serving?
Please fill out this form
Sundays • 9:30am
Wednesdays • 6:30pm